This company has no active jobs
Rate This Company ( No reviews yet )
Something About Company
FITC was established in 1981 as a non profit organisation limited by guarantee, based on the Company’s Act of 1968, in response to the recommendations of the Pius Okigbo Committee set-up by the Federal Government of Nigeria to review the Nigerian financial system. It is owned by the Banker’s Committee, which comprises of the Central Bank of Nigeria, the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation, all licensed banks.
The main objectives of the Firm are:
- To provide training, consulting and research services to the players in the financial services sector and related industries.
- To promote advancement in knowledge in the practice of banking, finance and related competencies by organising seminars, workshops, lectures, making publications that are considered desirable for promotion of its mandate.
- To advocate for and advancing knowledge and practice of good corporate governance in the financial services sector.
- To initiate, support and advise on legislations or other measures affecting related issues as listed in mandate.
- To explore opportunities for mutual cooperation with reputable institutions committed to similar objects.
- To print and publish any newsletters, periodicals, bulletins, books or leaflets that it may consider desirable for the promotion of its objects.
- To do all such things that are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objectives
In line with its mandate, the Firm regularly:
- Provides consulting support to its giving number of clients through the FITC consulting business unit. Major areas of Consulting support include organisation design, executive selection, test administration, organisation and staff assessments, leadership development, etc.
- Provides research and benchmarking services support through the FITC Research business unit, which also co-ordinates other knowledge management services such as library services and publications.