This company has no active jobs
Rate This Company ( No reviews yet )
Something About Company
About Southwestern University, Nigeria
Southwestern University, Nigeria, is a private University established as a regional block Institution, designed to provide the missing link between Research and Development (R&D) and the Industries. Southwestern University’s main campus is located along Sagamu-Benin expressways in Okun Owa, Ogun State.
The vision of the University is to be the pioneer in excellence, mentoring and modeling for techno-entrepreneurship development and empowerment of its graduates for Millenniums Development Goals in terms of learning, moral uprightness and providing qualitative and quantitative University education for regular and matured students. This would be achieved in an Information Technology driven environment.
The link between research and the productive sector is weak or non-existence in Nigeria. South Western University will pioneer the bringing of that missing link and the skills gaps in curricula towards full globalization.
The mission of the University is to produce highly competent and resources graduates with high moral standard. The University shall provide opportunity to all students irrespective of race, tribe, religion or political inclination through effective programmes and service delivery based on provision of adequate facilities as well as professionally qualified and competent staff.
By 2016 the proposed University wants to be:
- In the Nigeria’s top ten universities and in the Africa/Asian’s top 100 research intensive universities.
- An international leader in research across the physical science, life science, social science and humanities.
- Renowned internationally for enquiry-led learning in a knowledge culture that exploits our research intensive environment.
- Recognized as a leading under/postgraduate university, renowned for the quality and breadth of our provision.
- Within these ambitions, the University identifies its purpose as a citadel institution of learning which:
- Conducts research of the highest quality to inform on teaching and engages with the academic community to contribute to professional and public debate in an exciting and challenging set of disciplines which are central to an understanding of the economic social and political landscape of the national and international community.
- Provide a stimulating learning environment for undergraduate and postgraduate students across the wide variety degrees the university offers namely academic, professional or vocational.