Shell Nigeria Full Time Abia State, Adamawa State, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra State, Bauchi State, Bayelsa State, Benue State, Borno State, Cross River State, Delta State, East Africa, Ebonyi State, Edo State, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Federal Capital Territory - Abuja, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa State, Kaduna State, Kano State, Katsina State, Kebbi State, Kogi State, Kwara State, Lagos State, London, Nasarawa State, Niger State, Nigeria, Ogun State, Ondo State, Osun State, Oyo State, Plateau State, Rivers State, Sokoto State, Taraba State, Yobe State, Zamfara State
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies. It consists of the businesses of Upstream, Integrated Gas, Downstream, and Projects & Technology. With approximately 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories, Shell is helping to meet the world’s growing demand for energy in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
Shell Nigeria started operations more than 50 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet Nigeria’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy.
- Job Title: Investigation Case Manager
- Location: Lagos State Jobs, Nigeria
- Job Type: Full-time Jobs
- Job Category: Oil and Gas Jobs
- The role’s primary objective is to support and conduct investigations into potential breaches of the Code of Conduct, company policy and the law to maximize success and minimize liability and to effectively facilitate management decision-making including consequence management. Investigations may involve, but are not limited to, fraud, theft, bribery and corruption, conflict of interest, anti-trust and may involve employees, contract employees, vendors/suppliers and others
- The role’s secondary objective is to identify internal control weaknesses and quantifying any possible losses (as well as utilizing forensic data analytic tools) to identify relevant indicators.
- Support and conduct approximately 10 – 15 investigations per year.
- An experienced investigator with previous substantial law enforcement experience in conducting investigations into financial fraud or crime or qualified forensic accountant with substantial experience.
- For this role a minimum of 5yrs experience in investigation is required.
- A Bachelors, and ideally a Masters, in Accounting, Criminal Justice law or Law.
- The individual must have strong analytical skills, the ability to provide Civil/Criminal testimony regarding your work product, familiarity with electronic data systems and collection, unquestioned honesty and integrity, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a high level of objectivity.
- The individual must be able to conduct, i.e. plan and execute, investigations into possible violations of the Code of Conduct, company policy and relevant laws.
- The individual should be able to identify accounting and internal control weaknesses, and determine the quantum of potential and actual loss.
- The individual should have detailed knowledge of accounting records and systems and a working knowledge of forensic data interrogation techniques.
- The individual should be able to maintain strict confidentiality, independence and standards of professionalism in the conduct and management of investigations.
- The role requires conducting witness and subject interviews, the collection, preservation and analysis of evidence (digital and hard copy) to appropriate court standards, as well as an understanding of criminal and civil law.
- The individual will be required to prepare detailed written reports subject to third party review (civil and/or criminal) and testify as required in legal proceedings.
- The individual should also be able to effectively manage whistle-blowers, maintaining the strictest confidence.
- The individual should possess excellent interpersonal skills and will be required to build effective relationships with stakeholders.
- The individual must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and able to work with minimum supervision, but should also be able to integrate effectively into a team environment, participate actively in delivering departmental goals and demonstrate strong collaborative and co-operative skills.
- The individual must be able to liaise effectively and maintain a network of contacts with the relevant law enforcement and criminal justice bodies.
- The individual will also be required to interact effectively with and in some cases, manage third party contractors, forensic accounting firms and forensic IT contractors.
- The individual will be required to respond to company emergency situations, which may include the requirement to travel at short notice. The role requires travel of approximately 25-50% although this is variable depending on demand to conduct and/or assist with investigations relating to Shell businesses located in other countries as required. The individual will also be expected to participate in various audit activities as needed
- The individual must e a first class communicator (verbal and written) who is result oriented and posses sound judgement to match requirements of assessing compliance matters in an international context.
- The individual will also be expected to participate in various audit activities as needed.
Method of Application
Additional Information :
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply
- Legal, Contracting and Procurement, Finance, IT or Project Management skills and experience within a major corporate would also be an advantage.
- Disclaimer Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.