Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies. It consists of the businesses of Upstream, Integrated Gas, Downstream, and Projects & Technology. With approximately 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories, Shell is helping to meet the world’s growing demand for energy in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
Shell Nigeria started operations more than 50 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet Nigeria’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy.
- Job Title: Occupational Health Nurse
- Location: Rivers State Jobs, Nigeria
- Job Type: Full-time Jobs
- Job Category: Oil and Gas Jobs
The Individual will be responsible for providing emergency medical care including FA and Triage for additional evaluation for employees in the location. He/she will ensure collation & returns of daily, weekly and Monthly OH Data including TROIF, FACs, MTCs, restricted work cases to the OHN Coordinator:
- Supervise OH preventive maintenance by service contractors..
- Ensure effective exposure monitoring of staff health in Shell facilities.
- Communicate effectively with the subordinates, OHN Coordinator, staff in Shell facilities.
- Undertake all OH activities, and forward the area team reports monthly to the OHN Coordinator.
- Be part of the successful implementation of HMS in the area team
- Ensure 24 hrs OH services in the locations with effective MER coverage
To participate in Health Surveillance/other duties at the base including Health promotion programmes.
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Registered Nurse, NRM, or equivalent level with 1-5 years post registration experience.
- Possession of BLS/ACLS
- Computer Literate – Proficient in MS words, Excel, power point, intranet and Internet usage
- Post graduate specialization and registration as Occupational Health Nurse
- Knowledge in Medical Emergency response.
- Knowledgeable in the group Health Protocol and Guidance.
- Knowledgeable in the group Health Management Standards.
- Awareness in analyzing and solving problems, communicating and persuading and being personally creative and innovative
- Can deliver with others.
- Enterprise first behavior
- Good team player
- Good inter-personal relationship
- Smart/respectful, ability to demonstrate discretionary effort.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand
- Address Rivers State, Nigeria